Introducing the new TK-D740HK/D840HK2 mobiles, launched together with the new TK-D240/D340 portables and completing KENWOOD’s impressive DMR system line-up. Thanks to compliance with MIL-STD and IP54 environmental standards, they can be relied on through thick and thin. As well as handling
both analog and digital communications, these user-friendly DMR radios can even operate in direct mode, without a repeater. They also offer KENWOOD Call Interrupt and also benefit in having KENWOOD enhanced audio quality. These truly resourceful team members will enable you to make the most of your legacy analog equipment while also benefitting from digital communications.
- Two-Slot TDMA – Belonging to the DMR Tier II category, which covers licensed conventional systems, these radios are specified for 2-slot Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) operation in 12.5 kHz channels. This means they can offer greater spectrum efficiency.
- Two-In-One – Digital & Analog – These DMR radios can operate in both digital and FM analog modes, switching automatically as needed. Interoperability with legacy analog radios allows organizations to migrate to full digital at their own pace.
- Dual-Slot Direct Mode 6.25 kHz Equivalent – Up to two simultaneous direct-mode subscriber calls can be supported in a 12.5 kHz channel, without requiring a repeater, thus doubling channel capacity.
- Call Interruption – In an emergency or whenever a user needs to interrupt a call, Call Interrupt is available in both direct and repeater modes, while encoding or decoding. Also featured are emergency functions to help protect staff in remote areas, etc.
- Tough All-Terrain – These TK-D740HK/D840HK mobile radios conform to MIL-STD C/D/E/F/G standards for ruggedness, and are IP54 rated for dust & water protection, making them more than capable of withstanding harsh operating conditions. *
- 2-Digit LED Channel Display with Brightness Control – The large 2-digit LED display provides a clear indication of which channel is being used, and the brightness level can be adjusted (high/low) to suit the time of day and ambient light conditions. The front panel also features 9 programmable function keys for enhanced operating ease.
- Clear, Powerful Audio – A radio’s most important quality is clarity, being able to hear, loud and clear, what the other party is saying, and these mobiles deliver just that. For instance, the AMBE+2™ VOCODER technology accurately replicates natural human speech nuances for superior voice quality, even with high levels of ambient noise. Additionally, Voice Announcement can confirm the channel number, so there is no need to look at the display. English is the default language, but Spanish and French are also available.
- Other Features – • Max. 32 ch in 2 zones (16 ch per zone) • Wide 70 MHz UHF coverage
- External D-sub 15-pin (DE-15) interface • External speaker connector (3.5 mm diameter phone jack) • Audio output power 4 W @ 4 Ω • GPS connectivity (available later) • Single zone and Normal scanning functions • Horn alert/P.A. function • Ignition sensing • Password protection (read/overwrite) • Minimum volume setting • Embedded message • Selective call alert LED
- Late entry • Analog signalling: QT/DQT, FleetSync, 2-tone (available later) • Compander per channel • Squelch level
*Applies only when using a microphone KMC-35 or KMC-36.